Ackmann & Dickenson is actively seeking a motivated and passionate Software Engineer with a minimum of two years’ Rails development experience and are hungry to continually learn and grow. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the Rails realm and who is knowledgeable about the most recent Rails releases and standards. This candidate will work closely with a talented team of developers and designers, is comfortable working directly with clients in a consultative role and can articulate complex issues to non-technical people. The ideal candidate thrives on taking a project from design to completion.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design robust, scalable, secure features.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance.
- Perform code reviews and provide timely feedback to your colleagues.
- Collaborate iteratively with PMs and Creative Design Team to help define and clarify requirements and scope.
- Analyze software requirements and create solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of the system as necessary.
- You must have 2+ years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, automated software testing, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- Understanding of source control concepts and software, including Git.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and be open to receiving feedback from them.
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.