Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is looking for highly motivated, passionate React Developer. Your primary responsibility will be the implementation of visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions. You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
- Develop new user-facing features using the React library.
- Build reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind.
- Write automated tests for the features you build.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- 2+ years experience in React library best practices
- Working knowledge of leading content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Shopify)
- Strong understanding of JSX
- Familiarity with Node/NPM ecosystem
- Deep understanding of HTTP request and response cycle
- Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Understanding of web markup and styling, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp.js, and/or Webpack
- Proficiency with version control software, such as Git, Mercurial, and/or SVN
- Experience with or interest in learning React Native
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.