Ackmann Dickenson is actively seeking a Manager of Software Engineer to work closely with a talented team of developers and designers, work directly with clients in a consultative role and articulate complex issues to non-technical people. The ideal candidate has worked as a software engineer on a series of complex projects in a fast paced environment, experience in mentoring other engineers, assisting as a lead on multiple projects at once and taking projects from beginning to end.
- Provide consultation and development support services on new and existing projects.
- Manage a team of engineers of varying degrees of experience and talent.
- Work with project managers to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Perform general management duties including team 1 on 1 meetings, employee reviews, and resourcing of team members.
- Write clean, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient code; Design robust, scalable, secure features.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance.
- Perform code reviews and provide timely feedback to your colleagues.
- Collaborate iteratively with Project Managers and Creative Design Team to help define and clarify requirements and scope.
- Analyze software requirements and create solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of the system as necessary.
- Provide support for and be an example to junior and mid-level team members.
- Ideally this person has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from a focused area of study such as computer science.
- In the absence of formal education or certification, 3+ years of direct industry experience as a software engineer is required.
- Must have 2+ years directly managing software development teams.
- Must have 5+ years having worked as a software engineer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve complex business problems with technical solutions.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take clear direction and execute projects to technical specifications.
- Ability to manage and mentor team members working directly on their team.
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.