Ackmann & Dickenson is actively seeking a motivated, passionate Lead Web Application Architect. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the WordPress realm and on plugin development and who is knowledgeable about the most recent WordPress releases and standards. This candidate will work closely with a talented team of developers and designers, is comfortable working directly with clients in a consultative role and can articulate complex issues to non-technical people. The ideal candidate thrives on taking a project from design to completion.
- 8+ years of hands on experience with 5+ years in an architecture, lead design or development of enterprise applications and integrations.
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them.
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML, CSS, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, and Accessibility.
- Expert knowledge of PHP and OOP principles.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress and the WordPress API.
- Ability to write custom WordPress plugins.
- Ability to write and customize WordPress themes.
- Experience with e-commerce, preferably WooCommerce for WordPress
- Understanding of RESTful Web Service technologies such as JSON.
- Experience with large-scale e-commerce web applications.
- Experience with content distribution systems.
- Experience with designing and building mobile web applications.
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communications with various levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Knowledge of RESTful API design implemented via a Microservice architecture
- Comfortable working with remote, paired/team and solo work environments
- An understanding of web analytics and performance management tooling
- Experience in real-time and ETL processing of data for various data warehousing/retrieval needs
- DevOps technologies: Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, Amazon AWS
- Proficiency and passion for building simple and effective user experiences
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.