Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is actively seeking a Director of Sales. This important role is critical to propel the growth and new business goals of this rapidly-growing, custom design, development and digital company. The core responsibilities for this professional will be to identify, prospect, connect and secure new business initiatives with C-level executives and key decision makers with a focus on developing long-term client relationships.
This individual will concentrate on identifying market priorities, developing vertical outreach strategies and developing outreach and touchpoint tactics required to meet A&D’s business development goals. The Director of Sales will collaborate with senior leadership, principal engineers, UX/UI leadership and leaders in our sister-agency, Modern Climate, to create plans, proposals and strategies that best position A&D with potential clients. This position reports to the president of the organization.
- Documentation of sales efforts and outcomes.
- Sales reporting to senior leadership.
- Create relationship-enhancing networks and revenue streams.
- Optimize lead generation programs and strategies.
- Act as a consultative sales professional and lead clients to our solutions.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline and show how to progress opportunities from beginning to end.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of activities and forecasts.
- Find suitable RFP’s and RFI’s and navigate the response process.
- Lead development of client proposals and presentation pitches and sales contracts.
- Assist with demonstrating new products and services.
- Gather requirements as it relates to proposal creation.
- Follow up on inbound client leads and referrals.
- Create associated scope of work documentation, timelines and estimates.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Base salary + commission, based on experience level.
- Minimum 5+ years previous sales experience within the technology industry.
- Strong attention to detail. Well versed in project estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management and risk and change management.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Must have outstanding communication skills; written, verbal, listening and presentation.
- Strong comfort level on the phone, excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to include networking, cold calling, group/individual presentations and contract negotiation.
- Priority management to ensure that qualified sales leads are converted into sales.
- Strong project and budget management skills to ensure that client projects are implemented on time and within budget.
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at Galvanize, a top-ranked co-working space located in the Warehouse District in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also provide unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.